Pork Tenderloin with Cinnamon Roasted Apples

Posted by Pussycat in Main Dishes | 9 Comments

Yum

Fall Pork Tenderloin0004

The leaves are starting to fall… they are not all brown, some are red and some are yellow and though I don’t look forward to the snow I love fall weather I love the fall, jeans and sweaters, flannel shirts, cozying up to the fire pit in the yard on a nice evening, no mosquitoes!  It’s such a nice time of year.

Fall Pork Tenderloin0001

I’ve been going through photos and trying to catch up on my blog and came across this pork tenderloin with pan fried apples.  I made this a while back and posted it to Instagram but never put it up on the blog.  It was seriously delicious, and so now as the cooler weather is coming and you may have bushels of apples kicking around it seems a good time to get this recipe up here… Seriously good…. and back on my menu for fall.

Fall Pork Tenderloin0002

Tenderloin

• 2 pork tenderloins
  • a few spoons of rosemary based seasoning (enough to coat the meat)
  • 1 spoon of butter (You don’t really need it but why not?!)

Pan Roasted Apples

• 2 chopped apples
  • 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 2 teaspoons butter
  • balsamic reduction (drizzle)*

Cook the pork tenderloin using the water immersion method… or sous vide until ready then pan fry briefly to brown.

Melt the butter in a fry pan and add apples, cinnamon and sugar then fry until golden and slightly soft.

Slice the tenderloin, cover with the fried apples and drizzle with a balsamic reduction and serve.

*I cheated and bought the balsamic reduction at our local Costco and it’s called Blaze.  This makes it easy to have on hand though you can certainly make your own.

9 Responses to Pork Tenderloin with Cinnamon Roasted Apples

1. Harold says:

Guess I’ll Google how to make pork tenderloin using the water immersion method or sous vide……… and go and find a Costco then add the panfried apples from this recipe.

• Pussycat says:

Hi Harold,

Yes, no doubt this recipe is hardly earth shattering, however sometimes it’s just an idea that might get others thinking about serving or cooking something differently.

2. Marta Wlilcox says:

This looks so good, I’m definitely going to make it, already have all the ingredients!

3. Kay says:

What is the water immersion method? Also Rosemary-based seasonning?

• Pussycat says:

Sorry Kay, I suppose I take things for granted sometimes. I often throw some seasonings together and ad lib. Salt, pepper, garlic, rosemary and a little butter if you please. Also, the water immersion method means sealing the meat in a vacuum pack and then immersing it in water at a specific temperature for a specific time, often for quite some time depending on your preference of doneness. The most common brand machine that does this is the sous vide.

4. mammacass says:

I made this for dinner the other night I had to choose another method for cooking the pork but followed the rest of the recipe and made my own balsamic reduction I did have to look up how to do that and looked up a good recipe for how to cook the pork but this was probably the most delicious dinner I have ever made wonderful stuff!!!! BTW my husbands requesting it for dinner again

• Pussycat says:

Thanks so much Mammacass…. I’m glad this worked for you. Sometimes it’s just a germ of an idea that gets us going. 🙂

5. Tori says:

I read some rude comments, but most proficient cooks like myself, use recipes like this as a starter/guideline to create an even better recipe. If it’s not for you, move on. I’m excited to put something together with this. I’m definitely going to add roasted sweet potatoes with the apple part…. will let you know.